Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Troop transport: the XLN-273!

This new model I've built took me about 4 days to make, mostly because I wasn't satisfied by the way the cockpit and the engines looked. At first I had 2 engines on struts coming out of the back. But they just didn't look very well made, and kept falling off. Eventually I decided to change it to be more like the engines on the Jedi shuttle in the beginning of Star Wars: Episode 1.
As for changing the cockpit, it used to be built literally on the troop hold. I changed it by adding another platform to the front and placing the cockpit on that. The center of the ship houses the troop hold and weapons rack. Behind to cockpit is the communication array and all purpose sensor station.-the photo above has an exploded view. It is not missing its wall.The cockpit itself has more than enough controls for any function. It has a keypad, 2 view screens, its own power cell, a bunch of random dials, and 3 on/off switches (dunno why...).
the ship itself only has 2 weapons. Although if you need more, just place a few troops in the troop bay with portable missile launchers and you're all set! :)

No comments: